Wednesday, October 24, 2007

J.K. Rowling reveals Dumbledore's sexuality

j.k. rowling, harry potter, deathly hallows, order of the phoenix, half-blood prince, goblet of fire, prisoner of azkaban, chamber of secrets, sorcerer's stone, albus dumbledore, dumbledore's sexuality
Upon reading this article from Yahoo! that Albus Dumbledore, one of the main characters of the well acclaimed book Harry Potter series, was gay, caused distress to me, more so caught me off ground as shock sinks in within my line of thought. I never had the slight idea that what the fictional character, Albus Dumbledore's famous line about love refers no other than his own sexuality, his repressed feelings towards Gellert Grindewald! I never thought that, that was the reason why Dumbledore never had any partner in life towards the progression of the book. Now I feel irritated with J.K. Rowling since she ruined the fatherly image I view about on of her fictional character, Dumbledore. A thorough follow-up to the Deathly Hallows is really needed now.

(Photo courtesy of Yahoo!)

No comments: